Welcome to the Royal School of Needlework To teach, practise and promote the art of hand embroidery
Keeping the art of hand embroidery alive
Welcome to the Royal School of Needlework’s website.
The RSN is the international centre for teaching, practicing and promoting hand embroidery across a wide range of techniques.
We offer hand embroidery courses for all levels; conservation, restoration and repair of antique embroideries or creation of new commissions in our Embroidery Studio; tours to see some of our needlework Collection and more.
We have an annual Day Class programme and we teach our Certificate and Diploma course at Hampton Court Palace, in Bristol, Durham, Glasgow and Rugby and internationally in Rotterdam in The Netherlands, San Francisco and in Tokyo, Nagoya and Osaka in Japan. We also offer a Degree Programme.
- Day classes in Exeter
- Degree Programme Bursaries for 2013-2014
- Degree Open Days
- RSN Canvaswork course review
- RSN 2103 Christmas Card "Bring Peace"
- NEW RSN classes in Williamsburg,Virginia USA
- Wool Store mugs
- Day Classes up to August 2014
- Looking for a career in embroidery?
- Litany of Loreto Postcard book