Become a Friend of the RSN
The RSN Friends make a vital contribution in supporting our on-going development and without this regular support we would not be able to continue our work. RSN Friends get two paper newsletters each year and a special e-news each month, you get advanced booking information for classes and a 10 per cent discount on short courses and online purchases.
How much is it?
What support from the Friends has helped us to do:
- Ensure we continue to train students to the highest standards
- Plan and develop the future of the RSN
- Enable RSN Collection and Archive items to be researched, restored and recorded
- Support the preparation of RSN Collection and Archive items prior to display at exhibitions
- Offer prizes to students
Friends’ Membership offers the following benefits:
- An Annual Friends’ Day
- Biannual newsletters
- Advance notification of any public exhibitions of parts of the RSN Collection and Archive
- 10% discount on selected RSN courses and events
- Advance information about RSN courses, events and exhibitions organised by the RSN
- 10% discount on items purchased from the online or RSN shop
- An annual tour/invitation to view part of the RSN’s Collection (a cost is charged)
- Monthly eNewsletter if an email address is supplied
- In addition, Life Friends receive an invitation to an RSN event in the year of joining
- An annual update on progress through the year
Become a Special Supporter
There are five categories of RSN Special Supporters which are identified by some of the most recognisable tools of the embroiderer’s art: Ribbon, Wool, Cotton, Silk and Gold. By becoming a Special Supporter you’ll be giving additional support to the RSN, enabling us to do more in promoting hand embroidery.
As an RSN Special Supporter you’ll be invited to exclusive Special Supporters’ Days, special events and exhibitions at the RSN and at external venues. You’ll also receive our bi-annual Friends’ Newsletter, our monthly eNewsletter and 10%discount off Day Classes, Shop purchases and RSN Tours.
Friends’ annual subscriptions are renewable on the anniversary of joining. Once you have become a Friend we will issue you with your Membership number which will allow you to claim your 10% discount on selected classes, shop products and RSN tours.
For annual membership payment by Direct Debit is the most effective method, as this saves administrative time and costs. For more information or to set up your Direct Debit payment contact Jane Hitchinson.
Please consider Gift Aid. If you are a UK Tax payer this Charity can reclaim 25p on every £1 of your Friends’ subscription.