Welcome to the Royal School of Needlework The International Centre
of Excellence for the
Art of Hand Embroidery
Events & Exhibitions
RSN in-house Exhibitions & Events
External Exhibitions & Events
Mr Selfridge Visits Worcester Cathedral! Dressed for Drama, 1-29 August
Dressed for Drama costume exhibition will feature around thirty five period costumes from British television and film. The costumes will be displayed in the stunning early 12th Century Chapter house at Worcester Cathedral, which is thought to be the first round chapter house in the world.
For more information click here.
Visitors will enter the RSN Embroidery Studios, part of the Baroque Palace built for King William III and Queen Mary II. You will learn about part of the Tudor Palace survival hidden under our floorboards and see how this space is used by the RSN today. Find more information here.
Take part in introductory workshops taking place each day, book here:
• Introduction to Goldwork Peacock Feather (Wed 5, Fri 7 and Sun 9 Oct)
• Introduction to Blackwork (Thurs 6 and Sat 8 Oct)
RSN Chief Executive, Dr Susan Kay-Williams, will also give two talks:
• ‘From Whitework to White Walker’ (Friday 7 Oct), highlighting the range and repertoire of embroidery through the works of RSN students.
• Stitch in Fashion (Sat 8 Oct) a visual lecture on the history of embroidery in fashion, what you need to think about when embroidering for fashion and examples of embroidery in 2016 fashion.
The Knitting & Stitching Show, Dublin, 20 - 23 October. Stand TG11
Take part in our introductory workshops taking place each day:
• Introduction to Blackwork (Thurs 20, Sun 23 Oct)
• Introduction to Goldwork Peacock Feather (Fri 21 Oct)
RSN Bristol will be exhibiting for the first time at the South West’s showcase of patchwork, quilting, sewing and embroidery. More information here.
The Knitting & Stitching Show, Harrogate, 24-27 November. Stand C290
1953 Coronation Robe sampler
To discuss events, exhibitions and the loan of RSN Collection pieces contact:
Keep in touch
- Today we're sharing this beautiful Art Nouveau inspired Appliqué from RSN Future Tutor Zinaida Kazban. https://t.co/haiCl1FIqQ26/08/2016
- Join us on 1 October for a Bespoke Blackwork Class at Fashion Museum Bath! Book here https://t.co/q0mJBVIeDG https://t.co/zdv1wKeWlY24/08/2016
- On this day in 1485 The War of the Roses ended with the death of England's King Richard III https://t.co/djAQRUNbA3 https://t.co/yH6JQ0h2MW22/08/2016